Thursday, April 7, 2011

Diving

Right now, I am lying on my bed, typing in this post.  I just spent an entire day exploring the reefs off the coast of the Sinai Peninsula in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.  I love to look at the coral and sponge while all the colorful, curious fish spin around me.  I even saw a Brown-Banded Cusk-Eel slide gracefully past me and disappear into the distance.  I managed to snap a few underwater pictures with my waterproof camera, but of all of them I like this picture the best:
http://petesfishplace.com/files/red_sea_urchin.jpg
A Red Sea Urchin in the Red Sea--how appropriate.  A beautiful creature, this spiny urchin is an amazing sight in the reefs of the world's oceans and seas.  I love to scuba dive, and diving in the Red Sea was definitely one of the highlights of my trip.
It was fun, but it was tiring.  My eyelids are drooping as I type the words into this blog post, so I think it is about time I went to bed. Goodnight, all!  Next time I post I'll be in La Paz, Bolivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment