Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trapped

Well, folks, I have a bit of bad news.  Kathmandu's airport got too snowy to fly planes in and out, so I'm stuck here until the weather gets better.  It is still really cold, but I am having a good time.  I decided to take a hike through the mountains, but I didn't dare climb either Everest or K2.  I didn't last very long, because my coat was not warm enough.  I ran back as fast as I could and sat down in front of the fireplace with a good book.  So I will wait here until I can get out, and I can't wait--next I go to Egypt and the Sinai Peninsula!  A beautiful place for scuba diving in the Red Sea, I'm going to vacation at Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, for two days while I observe the reefs of the Red Sea.  My next post, hopefully, will be there.  For now I wait.
I thought I would add a picture of my fireplace, virtually share the warmth.
http://www.ci.yakima.wa.us/services/fire/images/fireplace.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment